Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer June 8, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well this week has been great! My new companion is a covert to the church as of almost two years! She got baptized on my birthday in 2013! So thats cool :) Shes from Tennessee but has lost her accent sadly.. haha and she has been out nine months! Shes great! Its fun to re teach my area again because I know so much more about it now! 

So this week has been great! We had an awesome lesson about Elder Holland's last talk with the Bakers. Their family is so so dear to me and I want them to be happy! They are making progress.  He didn't make it to church though.. its sad when that happens.. His family is doing so much better though! I know I need to stay and help them as much as I can! I just have to make swift work with the time the Lord has given me! 

So we are starting to teach this girl names Paieton. She is a daughter of a LA's girlfriend. Her friend just committed suicide and shes going through a lot of hard times right now. Shes only 14 and has depression and a lot of issues. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and gave her a BOM with scriptures that might help her. But while we were teaching her, I could tell when she felt the spirit and when she felt of God's love for her. It was a cool experience! So i'm excited to teach her more!


Sister Sharples.. haha :) She is the sweetest lady! We have been reading the BOM with her and she is preparing for the temple next March. She bore her testimony is sacrament meeting and it was the best ever! Its so cool how she has changed since I've been here. Her countenance is different and she often expresses how much happier she is. I love how the BOM can really change lives!

So this week I got to work with some Hermanas is our mission because my companion had a meeting. And one of them was from Oahu! We got to talk about Hawaii and it was the greatest! Man I miss that place, but there is no where I'd rather be! Than in North Idaho!! :) 

So this week was good :) Got to met a lot of new people and work with a lot of less actives and found some new people to teach! :) So i'm excited about that! I'm learning and growing so much and the mission is great! Its been hard, but I can really see how the hard times make us grow and we learn that way. Well love you all! Have a great week! 

-- 
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment