Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Spokane Craziness February 23, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been super busy! Covering two full wards is a big job! We are super busy in both wards! I just want to again emphasize how much charity has been thrown at me this last week. At district meeting, during interviews with president, personal study, sunday school, and email from Sister Halliday on her mission mentioned it, my companion. Literally ALL week! You would think Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something! So I have been praying so hard to love these people! Spokane is rough and interesting place to be. I haven't had the most love and understanding towards the people we meet. I wasn't seeing them through God's eyes. And that makes it hard to want to do your best to share the gospel with them. Good thing my companion is great and I got plenty of reminders this week of exactly "What Lack I Yet?" I have been praying for some time about what can I do to be a better missionary. And I know I received an answer! So wish me luck working on that :) 

This week was good though :) Our golden Shae dropped us.. and so did our other investigator.. for different and lame reasons.. But we have been doing a lot of finding. And with working on charity, we were able to have such great conversations with EVERYONE we met. It makes you feel so good as a missionary to really love those whom you speak with. We are all God's children, and when you try to see people that way, it really changes how you treat them and the hope you have that they will one day accept the gospel. 

We still have Amanda though! She is set to get baptized on the 12th of March. She is YSA and is facing lots of ridicule and opposition from her family and friends in her decision to join the church. So we are giving as much support and love to her as we can! She has such a solid testimony of the church and the gospel! It's been so cool to watch her growth, even in the last two weeks! So we will keep praying for her! There was also lot's of miracles with the YSA this week. A girl named Kaylee (with no-so cool of a spelling) has been coming to activities and wants to investigate, so we will be teaching her tomorrow! :)  

Church on Sunday was CRAZY!! Meetings starting at 7:30, church at 9:00, another meeting at 11:00, church at 1:00. And in between we were being pulled aside by members giving us referrals and asking us questions. We had a whole ten minutes to grab lunch before someone called us to come see someone. And Manito ward meets at the same building so all those members were saying hi. It was crazy!! My brain hurt so much after church.. It's good to be busy though :) I feel very blessed to be here in Spokane with Sister Smith! We are very alike and work hard together! So I'm excited to see what else I will get to learn here in Spokane :) Love you all! have a great week! 

--
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment