Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Training=Blessings August 31, 2015


Dear Family and Friends!!


This week was great!! I can't wait to tell you all about it!! So my companion is Sister Bryson! She is from South Carolina!! She is great and super excited to be on a mission! I love the new enthusiasm that new missionaries have!! So how they introduce the trainers to the trainees is they line them up on opposite sides on the gym and we are just staring at each other freaking out!! I was about the third one called so it wasn't too bad of a wait! It was fun though!! I'm super excited to train!! I love it so far!!

So now we are over just the married student 4th ward! I love this ward so much and I want to do all I can to serve the ward and make it better then when I found it! So this week we had to stay inside two days because of the smoke! It was the worst!! You couldn't even see like twenty feet in front of you! So that made Sister Bryson's first week in the field a little challenging. But its been so fun to teach her things I've learned so far! And to be the best example to her that I can be! She is super for everything! We did a lot of street contacting this week and she went right along with me and bore her testimony so well!!! She is so far ahead of where I was when I came out!! Training came very timely for me. I was thinking way too much about myself these past few weeks. Training has given me an opportunity to grow and forget about myself in service to others! 

So we have two investigators names Finn and Daya. They are a hippie yoga couple that have been investigating the church for about a year now. We went over to meet them and get their background and what they thought about the church. They still have some misunderstanding about God and the basics of the gospel. So we will basically start over this week. She wants to get baptized, but they are living together and not married. And Finn isn't quite on board yet. But I'll keep you updated on how they are next week! 

We have a part member family in the ward named the Pearsons. We had a FHE with them this week using an object grab bag for the kids that my mom sent me a few weeks ago! It was so great!! The kids listened and participated and Brother Pearson (the non-member) read a story about the Title of Liberty in the BOM. That really hit home with him because he is a veteran from Iraq and got teary reading it!! So thank you mom for that :) 

Also, hope is back... back again!! :) I was prompted to study hope again the other day. I was reading in Mosiah 4:6 and I really was taught by the spirit of how God is the perfect example of hope. He has so much hope for us. In our future and that we can overcome all!! If he didn't, why would he even send his son to perform the Atonement for us? Later that night, we had a great lesson with a couple that has a long way to go to come back into the church named the Carmacks. We talked to them about hope and the Atonement, and the spirit was so strong! It was great :) I love how the Lord directs this work!! Well that was my week :) love you all!! 

Love,

Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment