Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blessings :) September 14, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was great :) It was full of blessings and a lot of lessons learned :) So first of all, I neglected to inform you last week that Elder Dallin H. Oaks came to see us!! Not our whole mission but just three zones :) so that was a huge blessing :) Got to shake his hand and he spoke to us in the primary room!! He was so funny, humble, and passionate about the gospel! He has such a booming voice. Oh and my the way, he is speaking on the Atonement at conference.. hahah he leaked it to us! But he really talked a lot about the difference of being a missionary and just doing missionary things. It made me really want to re-commit myself to be better and repent all the time.. haha nothing like being calling to repentance by a loving Apostle!! 

So this week we meet with our new investigator Max. He is from China but was living in Australia for the last seven years. So his accent is crazy!! haha But he is so humble!! I can so relate to Alma and Amulek (I think that's who they are haha feel free to correct me!) when they just rejoice when the people are humble!! We taught him who God is and he said his first prayer ever with us! It was so cool! I love seeing people pray for their first time! Its so humbling! So we hope to meet with him again this week before we have to pass him off to the YSA elders.. :( sad day... But thats ok :) Its crazy how people just simply don't know who God is. They don't know that he has a body and about His nature. We NEED to teach people about God. Without a knowledge of God and His plan for us they will never feel the need to change their life and follow God!! God wants us to become like Him. That's why we have commandments! They do more then make us happy, they help us become like God!! What a blessing:) 

So many mini miracles happened this week! We got in touch with some less actives we haven't been able to, we got a referral from our bishop who we feel will start taking the discussions soon! We had so many appointments on Saturday, but then they all got canceled, but we still had an awesome day :) We were able to do service on campus with a guy who completely rejected us street contacting the day before. So we were able to explain to him our missions and the gospel and his attitude towards us and the church changed! Even though I'm not getting baptisms on my mission, you better believe I'm planting seeds, helping people see us in a better light, and helping people feel the spirit! I know as long as I do my part, be obedient, and keep working on the things that are in my control, the Lord is proud of me. That knowledge is priceless to me :)

Well I love my Savior, I love repentance, I love helping His children know who He is. I love being a companion, and learning how to love people who are so different from me (to this day NONE of my companions like to work out.. so they think I'm insane when I do haha) I love helping my companion overcome similar problems I faced when I was new, I love teaching people about the gospel, and sharing the light of His love :) Can't wait to see what Moscow has is store this week :) love you all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment