Thursday, December 31, 2015

Merry Christmas! December 22, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well it has been an interesting week. Lots of blessings and hard things. I will always agree with the statement that a mission is the worst best thing you could do to yourself. With the passing of my Grandpa yesterday I have learned a lot about the healing of service. We missed a call from our Mission President and I knew what that meant.. So we pulled over in the blizzard we were having and called him back. He was so sweet about it and we took a little bit to cry before our next appointment. At that appointment and all the others we had that night, I didn't think about it once. I was just focusing on the people and making them happy. It didn't hit me until later that night after our day was over. I will miss him so so much, and it will be weird without him there when I get back, but I know I'm closer to him now then when he was alive. Its not easy being away from you all at this time, but I know this is where gramps wants me to be. Like my mom said to me, now he is just serving alongside me now! So that will help give me strength. I feel so much better when I focus on others and their struggles rather than my own. I'm not perfect at it, but I have felt the difference of it.



I also had a lesson this week about how when you are in a rut, the only way to get out of it is to work. Sister M and I had an awesome start to the week. Then it all went capoie. We went on exchanges and when we came back, we lost our grove. We had a few hard days. Tracted a TON. Met some nice and not so nice people. We were getting frustrated about how slow the work was moving along. We were talking about things we could do to change it and make it better and work smarter. We had a few ideas, but then just went out and worked. We had a few little miracles with some less actives on our ward list that we had no idea who they were and had awesome conversations with people. At the end of the day we felt so much better about what we were able to do. As long as we are trying and working (doing our part) Heavenly Father will bless us. Whether its with baptisms or our personal growth. 

I love this time of year and am so happy to be a missionary now! Its sad when we see all the many people who celebrate Christmas and don't even believe in Christ. Its been mind-blowing! So always keep the real meaning behind it. I know Christ, our Savior, was born for us. I know He loves us and has experienced all our pain and struggles. I know that He personally knows each and everyone of us. My testimony of this grows each day. So Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your families and the true spirit behind it all! 

I just got back from the temple! While I was praying for comfort in the celestial room, I was trying to focus and think about grandpa and grandma. I was trying to picture them there with me! I was comforted to feel and picture how they were reunited in heaven. I know that they are so happy to be together again. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have of eternal families and what it means to all of us. I love the temple so so much! 

Manito is good! We are getting ourselves around here a lot better and the ward here is amazing. I've never felt so much love so fast! I can't wait to talk to you soon!! Be safe!! 

Love,

Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment