Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17, 2015 Officially One Month



Dear framily,

Ok this has been quiet the week. Ok so to begin, on p-days we play marshmallow dodge ball! I need to improve my throwing skills pretty badly but hey I got awhile to perfect my technique! Its really fun to play that though! I had another exchange in Bonners Ferry. Its so fun to do exchanges! Its like a sleep over for a day. But with a lot of reading, studying and visits. So I went with a Sister Tisdale. We saw some good old elk or something which I took pictures of because I know Dad would like it.

Ok so we are working with Randy still. Sister Becraft asked him to be baptized on March 7th and we got a well see as a answer! So baby steps. He totally has a testimony and knows its true, but he is so stubborn and won't let his Catholicism go. So I'll keep you updated on that. Ok so this last month has been pretty rough for our mission. We had the lowest baptisms and just numbers in general since our mission president has been over this mission. So something is going on. We are still trying to find investigators and people to teach. But we are fasting and praying that things will pick up. I'm convinced that people up here hibernate in the winter so you can't find anyone! And everyone goes to bed at like seven.. so that makes it hard to see people.


Something really fun that Sister Becraft and I did on Valentines day was go around 'downtown' Sandypoint with a board that said, "How do you describe love?' on it so we talked to all sorts of people and maybe got a few potentials out of it. But man are some people interesting.. haha a few people just looked at us and said, "We're Christian" and stared at us and i thought in my head, so are we, just describe love, I'm not trying to poison you with my Mormonism ways. So that was fun. But we mostly got happy people and responses like, my wife and thirty years of marriage. So i love happy people! :) They make the world a better place! There was also really cool graffiti in the alleys. Its such a cute little downtown! Made me love Sandpoint more :) 

Ok so i haven't said much about this before, but Sandpoint is full of trains. Everywhere! We always hear whistles in the background. I'm totally used to it already. I'm pretty such the track near us shakes our house sometimes. Or its just me. Time will tell. Also its very foggy here. Its scary driving at night because its so thick! Also everyone here smokes.. so more that half the houses we go into (not including all members) just smell so strongly of smoke. So my clothes always soak it up.. never smoke. Your house will smell terrible! 

We are given a little time each week to do some family history work. We don't usually get to it, but this week we did! It was really fun! There is a sight called relative finder and it shows you all the famous people you are related to! And everyone cool i was related to was through my grandma Mryna :) So shes pretty cool :) Love you grammy :) 

I have saved the best for last... So there is is lady who has been investigating for about a year and she said she wasn't ready for baptism yet. So all the missionaries backed off a little. Then on Sunday her husband(member) called us and said Indy wants to get baptized on March 7th! So woooo!! So we have been starting to plan it all!! So awesome!! I'm excited to experience my first baptism! We also have another lady on date for the 28th or Feb named Molly. She has had a complicated story, but we are so happy shes getting baptized! even though I have had little to do with their conversion, I'm still really happy to be a tiny bit apart of it!! So thats me!! Have a great week everybody!! Keep sharing the gospel and when you see missionaries on the street say hi!! Thank you for all your support and love!! Until next week!!

-- 
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment