Monday, February 9, 2015

First Week 1/22/2015

Dear fam and friends,

Well oh well the MTC... I'm bloody here! Its the weirdest thing ever. Not going to lie the first two days I was thinking what on earth and i doing here. It honestly unlike anything ever.. Haha its not very welcoming here at first.. but now i really do enjoy myself and i have laughed more this last week than i have in a long time!! So first things first, I love my district! They are my best friends. Four elder and and four sisters. We are all going to Washington. Seattle and Spokane. My comp name is sister Rencher and she is awesome! I have already learned so much from her. There is one elder in my district and he is the funniest person ever. He gave us a recipe for conversion pie! Also and i quote on the right hand of God is meat and potatoes. so theres that.. I also love my teachers!! i have learned a lot from them! Ok so i saw Brooks Bingham here.. weird.. he left for thailand this week! I have a few other friends here too so that was nice to see them!!

I have learned a lot this week and forgetting myself and going to work. This mission isnt about me AT ALL. Its about the lord. and i need to be doing my best every day to do what he wants me to do. I am on HIS time not mine. I can't waste his time. We got to watch a talk given my Elder Bednar a few years ago to the missionaries. Holy crap that changed my whole mindset about missionary work and what i am really doing here. I have learned that my testimony is so simple. I have a lot of growing to do. Also I learned from him that we have to be truly converted to the Lord. I want you all to ask yourselves.. Are you truly converted to the Lord? Do you live his gospel every day? He also gave some awesome advice. So mom you said you wanted something to study? Ask a question or concern you have. Take a new BOM and read it looking for just that answer. After write a short paragraph about what you learned. And repeat. so good luck with that!! 

Ok so i'm doing great!! And i love you guys so much!! Thank you for all your support! It really helped me get through the first few days!!
-- 
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment