Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Be At Peace February 1, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

So short funny story. At the beginning of this transfer I decorated my planner with a quote that says, Be At Peace. And every time I saw it, I would just laugh to myself, because Spokane has been about everything but peaceful for me. However, the Lord has strange ways of working, and I know that little quote was meant to be. On Saturday as we were going about our work, I just had this huge sensation of peace. Peace about the work we have done here, all the struggles we have had, all the tears, laughs, and frustrations. Just an overwhelming sense that Heavenly Father is proud of us, and even though we aren't perfect servants, He just loves that we try our best. And as a result, he showers us with blessings. So that was irony in action right there.

This week was a cool one. We shifted to a lot of street contacting this week, and as a result we had lots of cool opportunities to walk by people and offer help. We helped carry people's furniture in their house, carry groceries home, and other things like that. It was cool to be means of helping people in such simple ways. It happened a few times in one day and I called that day the "day of miracles." haha :) We just had lots of miracles this week, being in the right place and the right time to catch people at home we have been trying to contact for awhile, and for me, I felt the Atonement working in my life so much this week. We watched the Because of Him video with a few people this week https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-00-1420-because-of-him?lang=engand it has been amazing each time. I cried each time as well.. but that's to be expected of me. Every time I watch that, I have a confirmation of His reality and that He lives :) What joy this sentence gives, I know that my redeemer lives!! I believe that with my whole heart and soul :) 

We had an experience this week that really demonstrates being in the right place at the right time. We stopped in at a recent converts house, and her husband hasn't been able to come to church because of work, he recently lost one of his jobs, and they just found out she was pregnant. We just showed up, and she was in her PJs and she said she contemplated not answering the door. But as we were talking with her, she just started crying as she was telling us the struggles and the hardships she was going through. Especially the changes that she was seeing in her husband, because he can't go to church. I shared Helaman 5:12 with her and before she finished reading, she cried again and said this was just what she needed. It was a great experience. I love being a servant of our Heavenly Father and being able to reach out to His children in such simple ways!! 

Well this upcoming week will be interesting! Sister Makovei goes back to temple square this week on Wednesday. She will be there until July so when you go to temple square, go say hello for me :) She has been an amazing companion and we have had so much fun together :) I will miss her so so much!! I will be in a trio with another ward's sisters for a few days before transfers next week! My prediction is that I will stay in the same zone, but in a different ward.. So my fear might be realized and I might sweep into an area.. yikes.. haha But we will see! Never quite know what will happen in the mission! I love you all!! :) Enjoy the 1st of February :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment