Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ups and Downs January 19, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was full of just what I said. Ups and downs. The mission sometimes pushes you to your absolute limit, and when you feel you can't take anymore, God blesses you so so much. I have such a testimony that God has the full perspective and we are just little ants trying to figure out how to drive in the snow without snow tires without dying (for the record we only got stuck once this week). This week was extremely challenging.. Lots of crazy people and lots of trying to find those who have been prepared to receive the gospel. Sister Makovei and I have been pushed to our limit--spiritually, physically, and emotionally, and as a result we grew and were so blessed this week. 

I have learned many lessons this week. First of all, I'm studying the Addiction Recovery Program booklet in the morning and that book has been changing how I see myself and my weaknesses. If you haven't heard of or read this book--do it! Its amazing. It has helped me realize that even though I feel like I'm a strong, capable, and independent person--I still need the help from my Savior. I have had such sincere prayers and really felt a strong communication with Heavenly Father this week. I have felt His love and the Atonement strengthening me so much. I feel that's what God has been trying to teach me my whole mission--that I need His help, but I've been too stubborn to listen. 




I also learned how truly the gospel improves ALL aspects of our lives. Our families, homes, cleanliness for goodness sake (I'm constantly surprised of the people that just can't keep their homes in order), friends, jobs, and just emotional well being. We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was all about strengthening families. I'm so grateful for that aspect of the gospel. I have learned so much from such strong members of the church on how they live the gospel in their home and the difference in makes in their lives. 

So enough of the cheesy lesson learned things.. This week we did a LOT of tracting trying to find new people. We have had lots of success working with the ward list finding part member families, but most of them just aren't quite ready yet. So tracting it is. As I said earlier, we were so blessed this week. We have been so tired of talking to just crazy people, so we changed the areas we worked in and we found two celestial streets!! Where (almost) everyone was so nice! And from that we have a new investigator we will meet with later this week. Even though tracting is usually the last thing I want to do, God gave Sister M and I strength and the motivation to do it. We were tracting queens :) haha 

Even though this week was hard in all ways possible I have grown so much and I can see the Atonement working in my life and I'm so grateful for that!! I love you all and thank you for all the support and love you show me! :) It means so so much!! 

Love,

Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment