Tuesday, July 12, 2016

This Is It. July 11, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,
Well I can't believe it, but this is my last email. I doesn't seem like it has been 18 months, but it has. I don't remember any other way of life than being a missionary. It will be an interesting transition home, but I know the time must come for all of us.
My mission has been AMAZING! Words cannot describe the things I have gained, learned, earned, worked for, and developed. My mission has meant to world to me. Reflecting on my decision to serve and where I am now is amazing. I never wanted to serve a mission, but the Lord made it very clear that I needed to. And now I understand just a little more about why I needed to. My mission has altered the course of my life and the direction I was heading. I am soo grateful so the opportunity the Lord has given me to serve this mission.
My testimony has grown so much. I know my Savior more personally than ever before. I know the Atonement is real. I had soo many days where I didn't think I could do it, but I do. And at the end of the day I reflect back and wonder how I did it. But guess what? It wasn't me on my own. I know I was never on my own. My Savior was with me as I did my best to do His work. The Atonement healed my broken and struggling heart and enabled me to be more than who I am on my own. I have learned of my worth. I am a child of a loving God and my divine potential is to become like Him, and I know I can. I know this life is a trial and error. We experience hard things for our benefit. I know the importance of family and centering family on the Gospel. I have seen way too many families that are burdened down by things that could be avoided as we obey the gospel. I know that the skills I have developed here will help shape my future family. My priorities have changed. I know that the most important thing is family and serving others. I have so many great examples of Christ-like people in my life (my sweet mother and grandma for instance) that I will strive to emulate and learn from.
The people I have met here have amazed me. I love people!! All kinds of people!! And I have learned to love them! I can now see and look at others differently. They all have stories and I love that about people. I also have learned to love people despite their weaknesses. I have gained so many skills and have found talents and gifts I have been given. That has been such a blessing for in my life.
I have loved my mission and serving the people in all my areas. My companions have been amazing and I have gained so many good life-long friendships! I want to with all my heart just thank my Heavenly Father for letting me have these experiences. I can't wait to see you all again soon! It will be the best present for me :) I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love and support! Missionaries need it!! :) 

For the last time!! 
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment