Friday, July 8, 2016

3 June 29, 2016

Dear family and friends,
I named this email three. Not because I'm trunky and only have three weeks left.. but because I want to tell you about three things that I have learned on my mission. Of course I have learned many many things, but I would like to just share three.
1) You can do hard things. My mission has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I have grown and changed the most here than I have my whole life. I have learned that no matter what life throws at us our Heavenly Father gives us the strength to do all things we need to do. The last few weeks of the mission are hard for me, because simply I'm tired. After working so hard for so long.. Its catches up to you. But I learned (even this week) that the Lord takes care of us. Monday and Tuesday of this week were pretty similar. Hot outside, not a lot of appointments, cancellations and lots of contacting and finding. But Monday was a lot harder than Tuesday. Why? Because Monday I tried to do it all myself. I learned my lesson and didn't want to have another day like that. So Tuesday I asked and pleaded for help and strength and even more guidance so we could be in the right places! And we were! The day totally was lead by the spirit. We taught a cute less active family that has a down syndrome girl named Ethel. CUTEST THING EVER!! The spirit was so sweet there! We also found so many potential investigators and others who were willing to listen. I know we can do hard things with the help of our God :)
2) The Book of Mormon is the most inspired book ever. I have recently just started the Book of Mormon over again. I have read it almost four times on my mission, and each time its like reading a whole new book. I'm at a different part of my mission and have different struggles. And the book has helped me through. I yearn for the peace the Book of Mormon brings. When we have hard days or moments the temptation is there to just sit and read the book.. Because it lifts me, encourages me, and strengthens me. But of course, we don't do that now. But I have learned that when I get home from my mission and I'm stressed or worried or sad, that I can find peace and comfort from the scriptures and the words of church leaders.
3) People are amazing. I have met incredible people on my mission. All have stories. All have trials, struggles, heart-ache, sorrow, triumphs, victories. The works. All are unique. I know God has a plan for each one of His children. He knows up perfectly. He knows how we need to grow and change. The gospel doesn't solve our problems, but it helps us through them. I have seem people lean on the gospel of overcome momentous obstacles. It has amazed me how strong people are, and how the gospel and our Savior makes them stronger. 

This last week was great! Sister Arnett is the best person ever in the world. Such a great missionary! She strengthens me so much! She is such a blessing to have as a comp this last little bit of my mission! She is funny and loves being a missionary! We have been working hard! Still teaching Ayla! She is still struggling reading the Book of Mormon, but we will help her gain her own testimony! :) Ron and Maribelle are still doing well! We have only been able to meet with them once this last week. They love having us over and learning about the gospel. Change is always hard though! I have no doubt that they will be baptized. They are so sincere. That is key to conversion. They have to want it! We are meeting with them again tonight and see how they have been enjoying the Book of Mormon. We also are working with a less active family the Evans. Cutest family ever! They are super great, but just let life get in the way of things. So the gospel was put on the back-burner for a bit. We stopped by and they invited us to come over that evening for ice cream and a lesson. They want to come back, but Satan is good at using two things: fear and distraction. They haven't come to church yet, but they will.
I love being a missionary and its so weird its getting closer to the end! I love you all and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Have a great week!

Love,

Sistere Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment