Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Baptism and Moscow :) November 16, 2015

Dear Family and Friends!

So this week was awesome! It was really long though! I feel like I haven't emailed in a month. So to fill you all in on the wondrous happenings of this last week we will start with the lovely opportunity I had to go to dinner in a sorority house on campus. We were on exchanges and the sisters teach a less active that lives there. So I got to go in! Man.. I would not want to live in one of those! So loud and so much going on! Peace and quiet does NOT exist so that's not ok. So that's was interesting! 
Next I learned more about not judging people. (Something that I constantly need help with) There is a sister I have been serving around for these last two transfers and I always think she's judging me, or thinks she's better, or is a know-it-all. Things like that. But I was able to work with her this week, and man.. I'm always so wrong. She't just one of those people that makes you feel good when you talk to her. Being with her at that time was exactly what I needed. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to learn that lesson, but good thing Heavenly Father is patient! 

Kara got baptized this week! :) It was so good! Her testimony at the end was the best :) I'm just so happy that I was able to teach her and help her grow in the gospel! She know's that God loves her and wants her to be happy. She knows that Book of Mormon is true and is reading it and loves it! Its so cool! So she went from pagan to a Mormon :) That's what I'm talking about :) Her baptism was everything I could have asked for! I thought that when I had a baptism that I would feel successful, and I do, but I realized that talking to people on the streets, inviting them to learn more, teaching the restoration, trying my best every day, and being proud of the effort I put in that day makes me feel successful. As long as we do our best, we are successful. So that was cool to learn :) 

We also had the primary program this last Sunday. We have a whole eight kids in our primary and the oldest is six! A part-member family had two kids in it and the mom was speaking as well so the dad came to church to watch his family. It was soo cool to see his face while watching his kids sing I Am a Child of God and quote scriptures. It was probably one of the best primary programs I have ever seen! I was crying of laughter and happiness :) It was great :) Its amazing to see the power kids have :) Brother Pearson will be baptized soon :) I don't know if its when I'll be here, but he will :) 

So as a result of our transfers, I'm staying with Sister Bryson in Moscow! I'll be here for six months! :) Whoot whoot! So that's cool! I'm also the new Sister Training Leader in my zone. So yay.. haha more responsibility! But I'm excited to learn more and to grow! :) I'll be super busy because We have three sets of Sisters in our zone so I have to go on an exchanged with each one of them in six weeks.. so I'll be busy! I'm very excited! So not too surprised we were staying! Our bishop may have called our mission president a few times to put in his two cents on the subject! :) He's the best bishop ever and I'm so thankful that I'm able to work with him! 

So life is good in Moscow! This next transfer will be interesting because of all the school breaks and no one being here, but all will work out :) thank you all for all the support and love! :) Love you all! :) 

Love,

Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment