Wednesday, October 28, 2015

You Never Know October 12, 2015

Hello Dearest Family and Friends!!

This week was just delightful! Another week on the U of I campus! I love this place, but at the same time missionary work in HARD here!! But I'm excited for another few more weeks here! I'm really loving the ward and Moscow in general. It was hard coming from celestial Sandpoint to here.. but now I love Moscow and all the amazing people I've met! Sister Bryson and I just talk to people all the day long and keep each other motivated and pumped to talk to dozens of people every day! The rejection gets hard, but you really do learn to love the little moments. I think that's one thing my mission is teaching me. Just to be grateful and be positive when life isn't going like planned. Which is often! 




So this was the week! We had a great lesson with the Carmacks about repentance. I love how the more I teach people, the more I learn myself! The Lord is cool how he set things up. He knows much he does. The Carmacks are coming back to church slowly but surely. They have made some mistakes in the past, but are ready to start changing and coming back! Its exciting to see how the gospel motivates people to change. 

Speaking of change, Kara (the YSA we have been teaching) who when we found her was an acclaimed pagan in now praying to God! And came to the two sessions of stake conference! She is making friends with the YSA and we are really working with her to be able to feel God's love for her! Its really cool to see how much happier she is becoming!! We also met a few crazies this week, hence the double application for the "You Never Know" title. This guy, named William, is a guy we street contacted at campus. Turns out he has met with missionaries a few times, but just has some problems with little things that prevent him from being baptized. But he does love the church, and severely dislikes other ones. So I asked him, if he were to be baptized in a church, which one would he chose. And i quote, "The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monsters." So yep. apparently thats a thing now. Man this world is NUTS!!!!

So this week the spirit was a little sneak! We planned to read Alma 34 with Finn and Daya this week, but before we even started he saw something in the italic section that he had a question about. So we went on a little side rout to the original plan, asked some inspired questions (its a missionary thing) and found out that after over a year and a half of investigating the church, Finn has never prayed to ask God if Joseph Smith was a prophet! Like what the noodle?? Excuse my slang. So we taught the restoration instead and committed him to do so. A few days later we stopped by and he did it! Now he believes Joseph Smith was a prophet. He just has commitment issues. Both with marriage and baptism. When we asked him about baptism, he said he believes he is getting closer. So we'll see. We keep telling them that they can't move to California.. But we know its best for them. And they will join the church soon. Of that I have no doubt! 

Also our bishop is the best ever and has a pumpkin patch up at his house so he has the whole ward come up! I love love love this ward! They are becoming my family now :) Its taken a bit for me to get used to, but I love it :) Also my PONDERIZE scripture for the week is Matt 18:4. Be humble and like little Ryder. :) I hope you know how much of an angel Ryder is!! The kids here make me want to pull my hair out sometimes.. haha. Well i love you all!! :) Also small challenge: please write to me a time where you have been blessed for keeping a commandment! Any commandment! I would love to hear :) Have a great week! 

--
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment