Thursday, June 9, 2016

Crazy Awesome :) June 6, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

So this week was pretty crazy, but like I said totally awesome!! The first of the week, I had a meeting down in Spokane with President and it was amazing!! We learned more about how all-knowing Christ and God are and because we know that about them, we can have more faith in them! I won't even try to explain how he taught it to us, but I'm coming home soon enough I could just tell you! But afterwards, Sister Empey was feeling pretty sick and exhausted this week so she stayed down in Spokane for about two days. I was basically a homeless person during that time sleeping on the floor and being passed between two companionship so we could cover all of our appointments. I was soo tired!! But is all worked out! 


So some really cool things happened this week. First of all Sharmmany is still doing well! She learns really slow, but we feel she will be ready for this Sunday :) We love her and she is the most innocent and sincere person. I know that the light of Christ is in her, because her family life is really hard. We don't know much, but she tells us things here and there and it makes me so grateful for the gospel. I have been so blessed with amazing parents and siblings that have loved me and taught me how to make good choices and how to reach my full potential. I love how the gospel helps our families be happy. I have gained such a testimony of that! 

Also we taught some investigators Maribelle and Ron this week. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and it was amazing! The best lesson on that I have been apart of my whole mission. They don't have much knowledge of the church or the Book of Mormon (which is super nice because they don't have any pre-conceived notions about us). They LOVED it! Asked amazing questions and I was soo happy to answer them! I felt the truthfulness of the message as we taught! Maribelle-the first thing she said when we walked in was "I love this book" (holding up a Book of Mormon). And Ron greeted us with a happy "Hello Sisters!!" Even though that was only the second we have ever met him. I am so excited to teach them! They are amazing! We just need to get the ward involved more with them! So that will be fun :) 

Remember the Evans family last week? We weren't able to go see them, but we re-scheduled for dinner tonight! :) so i'm excited to meet them!! And one final miracle! So there is a part-member family here that we have been trying to contact. We found out from a previous visit that the mom (the non-member) and Sister Empey are related somehow because they both have the last name Doney in their family. So Sister Empey went into Familysearch.org and wrote down some names to compare. Last night, we stopped by and went over some names. Turns out they are a lot closer than they thought! We are going back tonight to go over it more and hopefully invite her to take the lessons! There is something behind her being so excited about her ancestors, its because we are apart of an eternal family. We are all apart of God's family! :)

We saw so many miracles this week and were so blessed! I love seeing the Lord do His work through us. It's not us, its our Heavenly Father! 
Love,
Sister Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment